Sunday, 17 May 2015

What I've Been Watching


I swear I could sit and watch series for hours on end (and believe me, I DO). I don't watch films that much, except for my old favorites, it's the TV series I can't get enough of. Here are some of the series I've been watching on Netflix recently and kinda fell in love with, no exaggeration.
Pretty Little Liars
OK, I'm a little too late on this bandwagon but damn am I glad I hopped on now. It's getting crazily juicy. It did get a little getting used to as the acting, in my opinion, can be slightly embarrassing. The reciting of text messages at the same time and the girls looking at each other puzzled and shocked for a good ten minutes of each episode, can be a little annoying. It took me about a month to get through season's 1-5. I'm pretty gutted that season six isn't here yet. I'm not very patient when it comes to episodes and I hate the long waiting times for Netflix to finally get them up! I am really excited to see what happens to the girls after the latest stunt!

Orphan Black
I'm not sure how I get so far behind with all these great TV shows, especially since I watch a hell of a lot of TV. Tatiana Maslany, what an actor!, she deserves every award EVER for her roles in this series. This is such a great series, though it is about clones, it's less sci-fi and more drama and suspense. Again, it didn't take me long to watch the two seasons that are on Netflix (eeek, I'm a binge watcher). I was sucked in within the first 5 minutes and just got more and more into it as the series went on. I don't think there are any complaints at all from me about Orphan Black! and that's coming from a chronic complainer. 

The Returned 
As I've said above, I am not very patient with waiting around for episodes to come on Netflix. This caught my eye because, new episodes are added every week (woop woop!), You'll enjoy this show if you can deal with questioning a lot and being pretty confused. There are many questions and no answers up to now! But we are still early in the series and I expect twists and turns which will eventually lead to the answers. I've read many reviews about this being an almost exact version of the French original, but my eyes do a lot of wandering so I am bad with subtitles and unfortunately do not speak french. I hope this isn't going to be that short of a series, I'll be sad when it ends.    

Are you a binge watcher too?! I'd love some recommendations, I always need more.

2 comments :

  1. Don't worry, I'm exactly the same! I binge watched the Vampire Diaries for about two or three weeks, and now I'm watching Grimm! I've been watching The Returned, too, and I'm up to date, but like you, I get imaptient! I've been debating whether or not to watch Pretty Little Liars, I've heard so much about it, but I'm worried I'll just find it annoying, haha! Great post :) x

    ♥.•*¨ AmandaSays ¨*•.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Vampire Diaries, though I haven't caught up in a while because of all the other shows I'm watching, haha! I totally forgot about Grimm. that's been on my to-watch list for a while. I'm sure you will like PLL, eventually haha. It's a bit slow going at first but gets better! Thank you! :)

      Delete